Most of us can’t deny that life gets way too busy.
So busy, sometimes, that you may feel like you don’t have time to take care of yourself. In order to embrace all that life has to offer, move self-care to the top of your list. The rituals you practice to take care of your mind, body and soul can be soothing and contribute to the contentment and joy you feel in everything you do.
Review these self-care rituals to remind yourself how important you are. Then, revive some of your own practices or add new ones that soothe you.
1. Practice soothing, healthful skin care.
Regardless of whether you’re a man or a woman, your skin needs all the help it can get. After all, skin protects you 24/7.
* Morning and evening, clean, tone and moisturize your face.
* Apply lotion to your body at least once a day to protect your skin from excessive dryness.
Exercising relieves your stress and rejuvenates both your mind and body.
* Even if you just exercise 15 minutes twice a day (morning and evening), getting the physical activity your body craves will revive your mood and enrich your life profoundly.
* Try a 10-minute walk to give your mind a rest or lift your spirits. Whether you choose a brisk pace or a slow saunter to admire the landscape, consider it a gift to yourself to go for a brief stroll.
3. Re-acquaint yourself with the magic and exhilaration that nature provides.
Nothing relaxes and nurtures us like getting outdoors.
* Find time to sit on your porch to watch the birds.
* Take a few minutes to care for a flower garden, or go for a walk in the park.
4. Shower daily.
Bathing is one of the top self-soothing moments of your day. By adjusting one or two things about your shower, it becomes a relaxing ritual you can look forward to.
* Rather than rush through your bath or shower every morning and evening, take the time to soothe yourself by using a luscious soap or that new loofah sponge or bath puff.
* Light scented candles, put on relaxing music, and take the time to fully enjoy them.
5. Take time to do the one thing you really love to do.
There’s something so delicious and special about having the time and space to do whatever it is that you get excited about.
* Maybe you’ve got an insatiable love of reading, but struggle to find the time to read with working and family tasks tugging at you. Or perhaps you like to sew or work with wood. No matter what your beloved activity, figure out a way to make it happen.
* Even if it’s every other day or once a week, an important part of self-care is doing what makes your heart sing.
6. Stay in touch with your feelings.
You may think this sounds somewhat clich. But the truth is that if you’re honest with yourself about how you feel, you’ll have more peace and contentment inside.
* Living your life based on your real feelings will bring comfort and joy to your soul. It can be a challenge to be truthful with yourself and others about how you feel. But if you do, the rewards are great.
Engaging in activities and rituals that soothe you deep inside enriches your day-to-day existence. A regular practice of self-care also demonstrates that you truly recognize your own worth.
Finally, discover a deeply satisfying life through practicing soul-soothing, self-care rituals.
Do you have some self-care rituals you could add to the list? Leave me a comment below.