Affirmations are everywhere, and they have the strong ability to lift your spirits to get through hard times.
Affirmations help us to keep a positive attitude about life. It’s only natural that we’ll get more out of these positive sayings if we formulate them ourselves. Writing our own makes them personal to us, which can then help us to get through our own individual situations.
When you start writing your own, keep these tips in mind:
1. Make them personal. It’s important to remember to use “I” in them.
* Example: “I am having an exceptional day today!”
2. Use the present tense. Affirmations are built in order to change our feelings now, which is why you want to stay positive and strong in this moment.
* Example: “I am feeling relaxed.”
3. Be down to earth. This just means to use your own style and try not to make your affirmations too formal or wishy-washy.
* Bad Example: “Presently I feel the urge to enjoy my existence.”
* Good Example: “I enjoy my life.”
4. Be short. Affirmations are meant to be short, simple and sweet. The trick is to stick with one simple idea at a time.
* Example: “I am in perfect health.”
5. Make it positive. Affirmations are positive statements, so avoid negative words like “not.”
* Example: “I am at peace with my mind.”
6. Make it believable. You don’t want your affirmation to sound like something out of this world.
If it’s not believable, you won’t take it seriously and your subconscious will just dismiss it.
* Example: “I am choosing to be happy today.”
Believe in the Power of Affirmations
When you say your affirmations, believe them to be true. They are truly powerful sets of words as long as you believe what you’re telling yourself. Affirmations alone have been known to help people cure addictions. Women even use them during childbirth to help them stay calm and collected during natural delivery.
First, set your eyes on your goal and then write your affirmations to get yourself there.
Write Them Down
Practice always makes perfect. Write down the affirmations you’re feeling. Then go over the list above and make sure that your affirmations follow the rules. Once they do, start using your affirmations and feel the difference. Say it to yourself daily.
Take deep breaths and keep your eyes on your goal. These positive sayings aren’t written in stone, so as you change, your affirmations can change, too. It’s best to keep your affirmations in a place where you can see them.
You can simply keep a list in your pocket or you can post them around the house. Paste them on the bathroom mirror, on your computer, or wherever you know you’ll see them each day.
Affirmations can make all the difference in reaching your goals.
Give them a try and enjoy the benefits these positive statements can make in your life.