Do you know what people are truly saying with their body?
Sometimes people have certain actions or posture habits that disguise what they’re really saying. But by remaining alert and observant you’ll fair better than most!
Here are a few things to keep an eye out for that’ll give you the upper hand:
1. Be aware of how they’re speaking. Positive ways of communication include speaking at the same tone and the same rate of speech that you’re using. It’s also a positive sign when someone can share a laugh with you and truly have a sincere and inviting sound to their voice.
* On the flip side, negative ways of speaking include speaking a lot louder, softer, faster, or slower than you. If their voice sounds unsteady or quivering, they might not mean exactly what they’re saying to you aloud.
2. Notice what they’re wearing. People who are truly interested do their best to make a long lasting and positive impression. Their clothing will usually be neat and tidy and their hair will be groomed as well.
* Someone who isn’t interested will often appear unkempt because they don’t really care about the impression they’ll leave behind with you.
* The old saying, “Dress for success,” is a simple way to remember that people do judge others by their appearance. Whether it’s right or wrong, it happens.
3. Are they interacting with you in a positive way? When people relate positively with you, they may express body language signals that show it. They may look at your eyes while speaking.
4. Do they appear uninterested or distracted? Negative signals include looking away when they should be listening, crossing their arms, constant fidgeting or tapping their foot, clearing their throat, or yawning.
5. Practice people watching. The best way to learn more about body language is to spend some time observing people.
* All people have their own quiet signals they display during different times. A great way to become more in tune with these signals is to take the time to make people watching a hobby.
* Become observant. Whether in the supermarket, church, or at the mall, watch the way people display their secret signals. It will greatly help you in deciphering body language in your own personal situations.
Reading body language is an important way to figure out what people are truly saying.
It can also help you build positive and long-lasting relationships.
Lastly use these tips often to help you discover the secret meaning behind body language and become a master of communication with others.